All Heavy Mace Combinations are of interest because of Prevalance; any result is always the Material of the Heavy Mace. The Hand of Light Heavy Mace has the best 'reach', or attack radius among melee weapons in the game, with a rating of seven. Like the Holy Win Great Sword and Rhomphaia Sword, it imparts its material type to any weapon without changing the Design, but it is only found in IRON or HAGANE. Polearms, with five or six attack radius, are second best. Other Heavy Maces, along with Great Axes and Great Swords have four, less impressive but still more than any of the one-hand weapons.
Heavy Maces' attack Strength is 5.5 + (Tier level x 4.5), rounded down. This makes them among the highest Strength weapons in the game. The Hand of Light does not fit into this formula; but then, it does not fit into many other regular schema either.
On the other hand, there are enough Heavy Maces in treasure chests to craft the highest level Destroyer, given the addition of a Sabre Mace, which is easily and usefully combined from the starting Scimitar blade; for more on this, see Sword
Tier and ProgressionEdit
- T1 Tier 1 Langdebeve is not part of the Progression
- T2 Sabre Mace + T3 Footman's Mace = T4 Gloomwing
- T3 Footman's Mace L + T4 Gloomwing = T5 Mjolnir
- T4 Gloomwing
- T5 Mjolnir x 2 = Griever
- T6 Griever x 2 = Destroyer
- T7 Destroyer
- Hand of Light
Break Arts Edit
- Main article: Break Arts#Heavy Mace
Numbing is weak against Ashley, but most enemies are physical attack
- Bonecrusher. Affinity: As weapon. Type: Blunt. Energy release metes out a bone-crushing blow. Cost: 25 HP. Requirements: 20 kills
- Quickshock. Affinity: Air. Type: Blunt. Numbs foe with a damaging strike. Cost: 40 HP. Requirements: 95 kills
- Ignis Wheel. Affinity: As weapon & Fire. Type: Piercing. A spreading sheet of flame engulfs foe. Cost: 55 HP. Requirements: 205 kills
- Hex Flux . Affinity: Light & Dark. Type: Blunt. Fuses power of light and darkness in one. Cost: 75 HP. Requirements: 385 kills
|First Blade||Second Blade||DAMASCUS Result|
|IRON Staff||SILVER Great Axe|| Heavy Mace, Great Axe, Staff,|
|SILVER Axe/Mace||HAGANE Staff|| Heavy Mace, Mace, Polearm,|
|HAGANE Dagger||SILVER Staff|| Heavy Mace, Staff, Dagger,|
Damascus Destroyer Edit
- Main article: Best Combinations#Damascus Destroyer
In the first playthrough, DAMASCUS Tabar can be combined with daggers and a staff (all lower Prevalence, and thus of any material, but only Silver at the Metal Works Workshop in the first playthrough) to make a Destroyer of four blades thusly: Tabar + Khukuri = War Maul, + Khukuri = Halberd, + Sage's Cane = Destroyer.
There are other useful dagger+staff combinations:
- Trident (Stiletto + Bishop's Crosier) in particular, and to a much lesser extent Kudi, Griever, Windlass, and Cranequin.
- A Jamadhar (four Baselards) can be combined with a Damascus Sage's Cane (see above) to make a DAMASCUS Destroyer. Six blades total.
- Twelve-blade Wakizashi + Sage's Cane = Destroyer.
|Hand of Light||Blunt||1||30||0||-7||7|
See also Edit
- ↑ Enemy FAQ by J Tilton (Enemy Locations and Drops)
- ↑ Vagrant Story: Combat Mechanics Guide by Beamup