The Scimitar blade, from Ashley's "Fandango" starting weapon, like the other Starting Weapons, makes no superior combinations with any sword. With so few weapons to choose from at the start of the game, it is likely that this blade will acquire a great deal of Class bonuses, so it is worthwhile searching for a good combine target.
Scimitar, like all other Sword weapons other than Rapier, is Edged Type damage; only the Edged stat of Grips will be used in damage calculations. Type value, like Class and Affinity, is divided by four and the result is multiplied by the Strength value for the weapon.
All Hilts are suitable for the Scimitar, other than the next type acquired from Chests, the Swept Hilt found on the "Shandy Gaff". Gems, therefore, which usually tend to be a more important consideration, are a consideration already taken care of.
For example, "Fandango"'s Short Grip has four Edged, for 1% of its weapon's Strength value, compared with 3.75% for Minor Elemental gems such as Sylphid Topaz, and the same for Minor Nemesis gems such as Iocus.
Late but retains the Sword Design:
- Devolve the Firangi in the chest in Forest River in Snowfly Forest into a Short Sword, which is then able to combine ideally with another Firangi into a Shamshir, and so on. Firangis are also useful for combining with the third starting weapon, the [[Rapier]. There is a 16/255 5% drop in Underdark Fishmarket in Undercity West, after the Crab boss there is killed. Later, there is a 26/255 10% drop for Firangi from the Exequator Crimson Blade in Rue Aliano.
- A combination of the Scimitar with one of the BRONZE Guisarmes which will probably drop, or the one from the chest in the Miners' Resting Hall in the First Abandoned Mines, will Morph into a Sabre Mace blade, a Heavy Mace. With the Sabre Mace, making the highest Tier Heavy Mace, the Destroyer, is assured, as all of the remaining required pieces can be found in chests. There are quite a few other enemies that drop a Sabre Mace, but at 8 out of 255 chance of dropping, it could take a while.
- 16/255 IRON Zombie Knight. First in The Reckoning Room (conditional); another in Room of Rotten Grapes (conditional: after Ashley gains Teleport), both in the Wine Cellar of Leá Monde
- 8/255 IRON Lizardman, Advent Ground. Goblins: Miner's Resting Hall, The Suicide King, Coal Mine Storage, The Dark Tunnel, Everwant Passage in First Abandoned Mines
- 26/255 IRON Crimson Blade C. Tircolas Flow Town Center West
- 16/255 HAGANE City Walls West Zombie Fighter
See also Edit